Law No. 32 of 2011 establishes a special labor regime for operator and promoters of free trade zones, as well as for companies established inside a free trade zone. The following are some benefits and considerations that said labor regime establishes, among others:
– Flexibility in rotating employees in different areas of production;
– Incentive payments to increase performance, not subject to social security tax or educative premium;
– Possibility to terminate employees for loss of sale volume;
– Flexibility in the coordination of vacations of employees;
– Flexibility with respect to overtime surcharge payments and rest day.
Please note that the minimum wage for companies established inside a Free Trade Zone is usually higher in comparison with companies established outside Free Trade Zones. Labor laws continue to apply to the companies subject to the mentioned special regimes, except for those norms that contradict the benefits and considerations mentioned above.